Lexus EFI system

Mike Morrin mikem at southern.co.nz
Sat Oct 31 08:32:32 GMT 1998

I have been asked to help someone who is putting a Lexux LS400 V8 into a
Jag XJ6.

His problem is that he has almost none of the original Lexus EFI components.

Should he buy second hand Lexux stuff which cannot be tuned? (he will be
running without cats)

Should he fit a generic aftermarket system?  Which one?

The original Lexus system appears to have electronic spark control with 2
coils and 2 HT distributors.  It is a MAF TPI system.

I don't know what sort of timing sensor the engine has.

Any ideas?

Mike