Renault F1 V10

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 1 13:24:05 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew W. Macfadyen <am018 at post.almac.co.uk>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: Renault F1 V10

Also, might consider the fact that that stuff has almost nothing
in common with what we think of as gasoline.  Last quote I
heard was that it was like $35 per liter.  Also, extremely toxic.
If ya can look at the breathing gear the refueler wears.
Cheers
Bruce

>Might be something do with air velocity -- outside the trumpet the air
velocity will be slower.
>It could also be some to with the cloud of fuel mist stand-off you always
get around the entrance trumpets.

>ants wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> All this talk about where injectors should go reminded me of a video I
have. It's about the Renault F1 V10 engine.
>> It's about the engine development Renault conducted for the Williams team
back in '96.

>> Anyway, there is a section which has the engine running on a dyno, and a
close up of it showed what looked like the injectors sitting on top of the
trumpets, spraying fluid into the trumpets. Amazing stuff, but they never
explained why these injectors were positioned above the trumpets instead of
the usual place.

>> Viz: 10 trumpets and 10 injectors positioned above, complete with fuel
rail.

>> Note: I am assuming it was injecting fuel, as there were no other
injectors I could see below the trumpets.