Retrofit TBI to MGB

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Wed Sep 2 23:21:52 GMT 1998

Greg Hermann wrote:

> >Good point. I'm contemplating a similar situation - FI'ing a
> >single-port VW bus app. The dual-ports breathe better, but the
> >single-port heads don't crack ...
> >
> >Regards, Jack
> >
> >Stowe, Ted-SEA wrote:
> >>
> >> isn't an L-Jettronic a 4 cyl FI, (4 injectors) ?
> >> with an mgb head and the Siamesed intake ports, wouldn't that be an issue ?
>
> First reaction---OOOOPPS!
> Second reaction--might could be able to put two injectors in each port and
> make it work pretty durn well.
>
> Regards,  Greg

The old 1600 DP EFI VW had ?? circuits.....You could reverse the wires to the
injectors and it always ran the same... even side to side. I built a lo...ong
intake with a Ford 2bbl where the tubes met in the middle like a header collector.
It would RPM and still eat clutches. Best running (stock) VW I ever saw.

Regards  Tom