Renault F1 V10

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Thu Sep 3 01:31:12 GMT 1998

>Greg Hermann wrote:
>
>>  My
>> >understanding
>> >is that it's a concoction of Benzene, Tolulene, etc.
>>
>> Don't forget the Xylene--the nastiest and most carcinogenic of the bunch,
>> unless, of course some or all of the above are nitrated to one degree and
>> percentage or another!!! Then there are other neat things like hydrazine.
>> Try reading a book about the things Werner Von Braun put into V-2's and
>> some of his later rockets. Also try reading some stuff about torpedo motor
>> fuels. Neat, but don't sniff it.
>>
>> Regards, Greg
>>
>> and other nasty
>> >stuff that isn't usually
>> >a large part of pump gas.
>> >
>> >It may be lead-free, but it's not pump gas.
>
>  I have some experience with Hydrazine in gasoline.... in nitro, it breaks
>the chem. bonds and after 15 min in the sun, turns into a class A explosive.
>In Gas, it acts like a combustion catalyst... 10cc/gal is plenty and it works.
>just watch the tach.. broken rods are expensive..
>regards  Tom

Hi Guys---

After a bit more research, the mad chemist returns.. At the very least, ELF
(a very common banner in F1) Racing fuel contains Propylene Oxide-- big
time motorcycle racers have been disqualified for running Elf cuz it
contains the stuff. Someone who knows told me that you need to go at least
two jet sizes richer on a bike to run it. His comment was yeah, it's pump
gas, allright, the question is , which pump? After all, it's a liquid, so
you can pump it---isn't that what the rule means????

Some of the other goodies are as follows (who knows what is in current vogue):
Analine (the middle name that goes with GAF, (the nice film people's
initials) was the fuel used in buzz bombs.
Hydrazine hydride
UDMH (Unsymetrical DiMethyl Hydrazine)
TEA (Tri-Ethyl Aluminium)
Brown fuming Nitric Acid

Most of these are unspeakably nasty stuff, most or all have gone into
rocket motors, and probably more than a couple into torpedo motors. U-boat
waffen commanders be damned, our own Navy guys didn't learn to call rot-gut
whiskey "torpedo juice" from the Germans, they learned that one from our
own guys who wear the dolphins on their chests!!
Somehow, I don't think the Navy wants the EPA or others of their way of
thinking to have any clue what kind of fish food they have been dumping
into the drink, so torpedo fuels is kind of a quiet subject, even decades
later.

Yo Bruce-- hows the FBI doin' with those 747's--think we've distracted 'em
yet??? I hope Timmy McVeigh hasn't found a way to get on this list, either!

Regards, Greg