Reversing the '8625

ShannenDurphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Sep 5 16:11:40 GMT 1998

Mike-
can you give me the four numbers that go with the letters?  The GM
service software uses  the letter/number combination to give info.
Possibly, there are two with same letters, different numbers.

BTW, There must be something strange going on here, as I've checked two
different sources and come up with the same ECM#.  I'm sure you already
know that the service # is the one to check.  Possibly someone stuffed a
used pcm into your Bravada?

Just as a note, I've seen Olds cars come from the factory with the wrong
proms installed.  They were really good for that when they were making
the 3.0l carb'ed v-6.  The ecm and prom would be "wrong" for the car,
and they didn't match each other, either.  Yet the car ran fine, no
complaints. Haven't seen it too much with EFI, maybe a couple of times
with 2.8 proms in 3.1 cars, but I suspected the customers in those
cases.

Shannen