eec4 questions

Jon jona at earthworld.com
Sun Sep 6 03:32:57 GMT 1998

I've got my 5 liter eec4 controller running pretty good on my 3.5
olds/rover, but I have a few loose ends to clean up. I would say that it
runs as well as the 400 Carter, starts easier, and is probably a lot
cleaner. I've not been to the strip yet, I'll have to wait until spring.
1.  how does the controller use the VSS information?
2.  how is the NDS (neutral drive switch) connect to the controller
(from an A/T Crown Vic)? I measure 12 volts on the NDS wire (#30), I'm
tempted to ground it (use #46 SIG RET or chassis ground???) but I don't
want to lose another controller. I already cooked one and my u pull it
yards have no more. I get code 67 and I'd like to make the controller
happy, since so little seems to be known about how it works.
3.  Is there a way to force the controller into open loop at other than
WOT? But maybe I should be happy if I see the ~1 Hz seeking from the O2
sensor, assuming that the controller is dealing with my engine alright.
TVR Jon