L-Jetronic Air-flow sensor

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 6 15:45:58 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Zack <zubenubi at inetport.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, September 06, 1998 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: L-Jetronic Air-flow sensor

> but a better way around the ristriction problem is an HKS
> VPC (vein pressure converter) they come programed for certin cars but can
be
> made to work on other cars

Sounds like this VPC is basically a speed-density to air-flow
convertor?

Yep.

 How much do they typically cost?

$150-$500

  It seems like if you
started with a suitable number of RPM / Manifold pressure / Air flow
meter data points, this would be a very productive area for DIY
fiddling.

Been done here several times, but noone has shared the results.
MAP sensor-RPM input-Air Temp, feed to PIC/Stamp, send
to ecm.  Keeping it all analog seems thou that the following
would be easier.
To be totally universal, ecm input would need to be freq/voltage,
and range selectable.
Cheers
Bruce

> also the spring on the meter can be adjusted to have less tension.

Yeah, I've cracked mine open before and had a look, the problem is I
already know that my flow meter is maxing out before I reach peak
power, so doing that for now is OK, but ultimately if I start making
internal mods to my car's engine I need a better system with more
measurement capacity to go along with bigger injectors.