Code 42

Martin Powlette marquise at candw.lc
Tue Sep 8 02:02:00 GMT 1998

It me again and my luck with TBI 5.7 V8's . I checked the ignition
timing and set it to O TDC by specs, but there is code 42, ignition
wiring or faulty ign.module. If I clear the code it comes back as soon
as you start up and idle for even two minutes.  What do you guys think
?? The pick up coil 9K, leads,cap and rotor are ok  One other thing it
stalls right after hard braking or sudden slow down especially down
hill. Can I adjust the idle speed off the tamper proof plug??
Any quick tests.  What about the ign. coil??

Martin