Turbocharging a CMFI engine

Jerry Wills jwills at ISI.EDU
Fri Sep 11 17:42:40 GMT 1998

"Mike Pitts" <mpitts at mail.emi.net> writes:

>*snip*
> a) The fuel pressure regulator is fixed at 55 PSI.  It isn't connected
> to a manifold vacuum/pressure source like most other regulators I'm
> used to.  On turbocharged cars, this 1 pound of fuel pressure increase
> for every 1 pound of boost is essential.  I wonder if a vortec FMU
> would simulate this functionality well enough?
> *snip*

Since the fuel pressure regulator isn't connected to the manifold, the
back side of the regulator (spring side) should be vented to the atmosphere.
If this is the case adding a fitting and and appropriate check valve or
valves to add boost pressure to raise fuel pressure but go back only to
atmospheric when not under boost, might fit the bill.

Jerry Wills