Reversing the '8625

Mike Pitts mpitts at mail.emi.net
Sat Sep 12 12:13:26 GMT 1998

>>why would anyone want to reverse a cal (is cal a prom?)

The cal is the calibration.  Yes, the prom.  Why reverse it?
So I can locate the tables and change the fueling and spark
and such.

>>How do you 'get' the file so you can send it?

You read the binary with an eprom reader then disassemble
it.

>>The book 'Automotive Handbook' discussed recently does it
>>discuss assembler code?

It's probably not going to help me any.  I need specifics, not
theories.

>>And will the book help learn this?

Only if it gives the exact locations of the tables, which it won't.

-Mike
Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL
mpitts at emi.net