TPI on a 305

Kevin Crain kevin at warpten.com
Mon Sep 14 00:05:16 GMT 1998

Answers below:

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Jake Sternberg wrote:

> I'm getting ahold of a TPI manifold from an '85 corvette, and
> i'd like to stick it on an old beat up 305 for a while.  I know
> the intake manifold bolts are at a funny angle, but that's the
> least of my problems.  My question is;

Actually the intake manifold bolt holes didn't change to 72deg until 1987,
along with the valve cover bolts going from radius to center.  This should
be a straight 90deg intake bolt design.

> what ECMs can be used with a TPI manifold, and are there any
> applications which use a MAP sensor instead of MAF?  on a 305?

Bruce Plecan and others have written excellent documentation on converting
these from factory MAF setup to speed/density using a MAP sensor, involves
replacing the ECM and some repinning.  Not sure where it is right offhand,
if nobody throws it out to the list I'll dig thru my archive.

> can i use a plain old TBI MAP computer to drive the injectors?
>
> where might i find a list of ECM part numbers and applications?

Again, deferring to the list...