TPI on a 305

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Sep 14 06:04:28 GMT 1998

>> TPI fire all the injectors once per crank revolution (as in 165/730).
>>     Or all once every 360d of crank rotation.
>Really?? Somehow, I must have missed that.
>Today has been a good day to learn new stuff about stuff I already knew.
>Shannen

I should have said, so far all I've seen are TPIs that fire the injectors
once per revolution.  Again pending further investigation.  I've
read nemuerous accounts of  half the injectors being fired every
180d of crankshaft revolution.  If they were to fire half of them
every 180d then that would be perfect for a TBI.  But, from the
808 wiring diagram in 332 incoming they show all injectors feeding
to a common Power transistor, and the 730 that I have run on the
bench really slow and at the same time as a 747 runs four to one
on pulse rates.
  Now if anyone knows of a ecm used on a 4 cylinder with a dual
TBI, and used on v-8 TPI, that would be our baby for a universal
ecm.  Actually I kinda have written in stone where I'm headed.
Cheers
Bruce