Reading RAM locations

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Sep 14 12:43:25 GMT 1998

Well, with a PC card with enough I/O connectors (address+
data bus, maybe 24-32 or more) you could wire each I/O connection
to each address line, and to each data line and read out everything.  There
would also probably need to be some status lines that were connected
to give you some idea what was going on the bus.  When I was in college
we messed with a bus snooper, and the one we had knew what was code and
what was data and would disassembly the code and put it on the screen.
Probably given the type of chips we are using, you may also need some
I/O lines to connect to the port outputs.  Really all the connections
that you need hooked up, could come straight off the microprocessor,
I believe that was how the ones I used worked, since there is really
nothing going on that hte micro does not know about.

			Roger Heflin
			EE in a past life