Additional 68HC11 Registers?

Donald Whisnant dewhisna at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 14 15:08:02 GMT 1998

>From: "Mike Pitts" <mpitts at mail.emi.net>
>Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:08:34 -0400
>Subject: Additional 68HC11 Registers?
>
>Hi all,
>
>I seem to have an ECU which has register addresses which go
>beyond what I have in my HC11 manual.  My manual list registers
>up to the CONFIG register at  (Register Base + $3F).
>
>But I am finding register-ish code setting locations such as
>(Register Base + $60).
>
>Does anyone know what registers exist beyond $3F??
>
>TIA,
>- -Mike

Mike...

It sounds like you have something like the F1 variant (or other
variant) of the hc11...  The F1 has registers I think to $x05F
Go to the Motorola site and browse around until you find the
series specific databooks...  The main reference book only
list the standard A8 version registers which stop at $x03F
There is an 'F' series book, a 'N' series, an 'E' series, and
I think at least one more -- probably the 'K' series (not sure if
they have a separate book on the 'D' series)...  ...  The books
are in pdf format online and there is an order form there where
you can get a free printed copy -- though their site is an absolute
bitch to navigate, you almost have to click every link on there to
find it -- but it is there -- don't know the exact URL, last 2 times I
was on the site, I got lost and couldn't find it (but I've heard
rumors that it has gotten better since)...

I will say that GM is big on using the F1 version...  And on
some of their newer PCM's, they use an E9 version as a
coprocessor to a 68332...

These extra registers are series specific -- but on the F1,
they are used as part of the port-G select outputs... ....
Also, if you can get the part into bootstrap mode using a
SCI to RS232 adaptor and apply correct mode-select values
on the mode pins and use a program such as Motorola's
PCBUG (also available on their site), there is a mask id in
the bootstrap rom that identifies what series processor it
is (at least the core)....  Look at the bootstrap listings in
the main reference book for details...

Good luck...
Donald Whisnant
dewhisna at ix.netcom.com