Schematic help

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Wed Sep 16 05:20:06 GMT 1998

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:37:40 -0500 Joe Boucher <jboucher at ctelcom.net>
writes:
>I've got this schematic I want to put together.  Two questions:
>
>1) There are some resistances called out in the format 4k7.  Does that
mean
>4.7 k?

I have seen that kind of designation on capaciters.  I believe that the
"4" is the mantissa, and the "7" is the multiplier.  40 Meg Ohms seems
really high, though.

>B) There are transistors called out as 2n222a.  Is that really PN222A?
Can
>PN222A's be used instead of 2N222A?

The 2n2222 is a very common NPN transister.  You can get them at Radio
Shack for something like three bucks a ten-pack.  I used them in my
senior project to send really short 200 milliamp pulses to an ordinary
LED.  Yes, the LED took it just fine.