VSS & 730 ECM

Mike Hoenes MHoenes at dhr.state.nc.us
Wed Sep 16 13:32:10 GMT 1998

I'm putting a TPI on my 355ci 85 S-10.
I have poured over the archives and cant find an answer to this question.

How can I get a 730 ECM ( 91 F body automatic chip) to use the input from a
2000ppm VSS (tapping into the output from the solid state VSS used by the
cruise control).  Near as I can tell, the F body program uses a 4000ppm
signal from two inputs ( hi & lo) rather than a 2000ppm single input.
I read that there is a select indicator, but no specifics were given about
which byte to change.  Which pin is used for the 2000ppm input to the ECM?

Any alternatives beside getting a 4000ppm VSS  would be helpful.

Thanks!
Mike