P4 memcal socket

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Sep 16 22:31:33 GMT 1998

"Mike Pitts" <mpitts at mail.emi.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have the pinout of the P4 memcal socket?
> I'm thinking of trying to adapt a piece of aftermarket hardware
> for the C3 called DirectScan to my P4.

[ Popping a cover open ] - 28 pins at one end go to the EPROM.  This
will give you (most of) the address bus, and the data bus.  it won't
give you E, R/~W, or anything else interesting.  Another 36 pins are for
the resistor packs and ESC board.  The last 2 pins seem unused.

> This hardware connects to the test port (card edge) of the C3.
> I'm betting that all of the same address lines and such are
> available at the memcal socket of the P4.

A bunch of the P4's ('7165, '7727, '7730, '7748, '7749, '8321) also have
a card edge test port.  It has 60 pins, just like the bigger C3's but
without a gap.  The pin spacing is also the same 0.1" centers.  A quick
glance at the circuit board traces leaves the impression that it could
be the same pinout.  The pinout for the C3 test port can be found on my
web pages.