Injector Clean

Clare Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Thu Sep 17 03:50:20 GMT 1998

West, David wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a good way to clean injectors while still fitted to the car?
>
> If not, how do you clean them on the bench without damaging it.
> Ie: chemical or mechanical
>
> Reg
>
> DW
Find someone with a "MotorVac"Fuel system cleaner. Cleans the injectors,
rail, regulator etc. as well as the intake tract, valves,etc on the car.
About a half hour job and $30 worth of cleaner per car. Just had my
Aerostar done this afternoon - a noticeable difference in low end
performance, idle, and tip-in - and it didn't run all that bad to start
with. Vacuum came up over 1 1/2 inches at idle.
--
                               _/\_

                 Looks like we've finally fixed it!!!
                I am still clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net