Lamba sendor readings - advise needed

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 17 06:29:49 GMT 1998

> I have had a problem for the longest time from running too rich.  I
> connected a digital volt meter to my O2 sensor to get some readings and I
> have seem some very strange behavior.

Leave the O2 sensor connected to the computer when taking readings,
by splicing into the wire, do not disconnect.
If you did splice into the wire and got your stated readings then
check for broken line.  Most cars apply a bias voltage of 0.5V
to sensor, to check disconnect O2 sensor wire and turn ignition on,
also check any O2 heater wires for voltage.
alex