1995 LeSabre PCM help...

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 17 16:39:22 GMT 1998

> Hello all,
> I have a 1995 Buick Lesabre.  It uses the SAE J1962 (OBD_II Style) Connector
> for the ALDL under the dash.  It definitely is not OBD, but still ALDL or
> some variant of.  I was wondering if anyone knows specifics on this data
> stream, the ABS data stream, and how to interface to this pig.  Had it been
> a year newer, it would be OBD_II and not a problem... I just can't see
> spending $3K on an OTC 4000E scanner to play.
> Thanks in advance,
> Dave
I was looking at a 1996 C-3500 vortec a few years ago, it used 10.4
KB VPW J2190.  The truck was labeled OBD-2 but did not support
mandated J1979 so is a problem decoding the packed stream, thou
could be easier if using same byte stream as ALDL and you know those
codes.  I did establish connection using mode $2A but found other GM
cars required $2C which defined by manufactuer.
All american cars that do not comply with J1979 or a problem.
alex