Injector Clean

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Fri Sep 18 04:32:49 GMT 1998

Clare wrote:

> If you want to just put stuff in the tank, the only stuff I have found
> worth putting in is from BG products - called 44K.

I asked my mechanic where to get this stuff, and he pulled out a set of
cans. One to go in the tank, one is a spray for the throttle body, and
one that you're supposed to suck into the intake system via a hose. Hmmm.
According to him, the company says to use them together; put the one in
the tank, use the spray to clean the throttle body, and then start the
car and let it suck up the stuff in the last can. What I am wondering is,
is it worth using just the gas tank stuff, or do you need to do the whole
song and dance to get results?

FWIW he said the stuff is great, so I'm looking forward to it. Maybe
it'll smooth out my idle some.

   Chris C.