Rotary firings

Zack zubenubi at inetport.com
Fri Sep 18 14:20:51 GMT 1998

On a rotary each phase of the 4 stroke cycle requires 270 degrees of
crankshaft revolution, for a total of 1080 degrees for the complete
power cycle.  In a 2 rotor engine there are 6 combustion chambers so
a chamber fires every 180 degrees, in terms of number of power
pulses per crankshaft revolution like a 4 cylinder piston.
There's a 90 degree overlap between consecutive power pulses, in that
sense it is like a 6-cylinder piston engine.