Rotary firings

Dave Stinar kahn at means.net
Fri Sep 18 18:04:42 GMT 1998

On a Wankel engine you get one power pulse per rotation of the eccentric
shaft per rotor.
On a Mazda 12a or 13b that has two rotors you would get roughly 2 power
pulses per each eccentric shat revaluation.
If you had a one rotor engine:

3-360 deg turns of eccentric shaft = 1 360 deg turn of the rotor = 3
faces of the rotor coming into power pulses.
			or
1-360 deg turn of the eccentric shaft = 1 rotor face coming into a power
pulse.

Being you are talking about a Mazda 12a/13b engine you have two rotors
the send rotor is set off of the first one. so you figure you would get
2 power pulses per revaluation of the eccentric shaft.

I can go out to my garage and double check, I have an engine torn apart
right now waiting to be rebuilt.

Dave S