GM TBI info needed

Kevin Crain kevin at warpten.com
Fri Sep 18 22:12:51 GMT 1998

Question about this VSS thing.  I'm swapping an '88 Pontiac ECM and TPI
system into my '82 Camaro Z28.  The Camaro used the VSS setup described
below; the Pontiac GTA used a VSS sending unit mounted in the
transmission.  If I read the book right, the 4000 pulse/mile output this
VSS sent to the buffer box is knocked down to 2000 pulses/mile before
being sent to the ECM.

I'm wondering if I can just use the '82 existing VSS signal as input for
the '88 ECM.  Anyone know?

Thanks,
Kevin