ID the flaring tool...

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Sep 19 04:39:59 GMT 1998

Hmmph.  Not too much of a challenge to ID it, as I will simply look up
the tool number in my 1957 Chevrolet pickup shop manual tomorrow.
Finding it may be quite a different story, though.  Our local Snap-on
dealer is pretty good at locating stuff, if you think you'd like me to
turn the project over to him.  He did manage to find the only tool I've
seen for making "quick-connect" efi and a/c fittings.

There are many arguments both ways, but I have had very good success
withe the handheld flare tools.  I even flare used tubing on occasion.
I'm not bragging.  I was told when I was beginning as a mechanic that
good tubing work could be considered an art form, so I went right after
it.  Got to make sure you file the ends of the line, and remove anything
left over from the cutting operation with the reamer.  Good prep work in
my opinion.

Shannen