heat sinks and alt repair question

Terry_Sare at dell.com Terry_Sare at dell.com
Mon Sep 21 18:09:10 GMT 1998

You will fry the diodes if you do NOT use heat sink compound, period. The HS
grease lowers the thermal resistance of the metal to metal contact. There is
plenty of metal to metal to conduct the current. If you think there is a
contact problem, measure it with a good DVM between the diode and the case.
Should be almost 0.

Again -- do not skip the heat sink compound.

ts