heat sinks and alt repair qiuestion

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 19:44:29 GMT 1998

  Randy asked if any EEs had a suggestion on what to do about 'thermal grease'
on his Delco alternator . I'm an EE and I owned an alternator repair shop in
Los Angeles for 25 years .
  Put the grease on . The design of that whole diode assembly is well thought
out .You 'may' be able to get some of the right grease from your local starter
- alternator repair shop. If they dwant to help , I can send you a small
plastic bag in the mail ( no$ ) . Try to get original delco diodes too . They
are avalanch diodes in the negative side , to soak up the transients and keep
your cpu safer from 'spikes' .

    Jerry