327 GMC

Terry thartman at gte.net
Tue Sep 22 00:09:01 GMT 1998

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> Just saw a new 99 GMC 327 with 8 coils, four on each valve cover with a
> little wire to each plug. It also had no regulator and return line, the
> pump varies the pressure. I'll bet it is completely sequential. If someone
> could get one to look at, it might help out with the 332 project. If
> someone could get a copy of the software.....
>
> The intake looked like a tall LT5 with long U shaped plastic tubes. The
> most interesting thing was the FORD heads on it..... REALLY, they had
> evenly distributed intake ports and exhaust ports like a FORD. It must be
> a completely new as they are not like the SB2 or LT5. Whatever.....

Sounds like a smaller version of the LS1 that has been out since 1997.
The LS1 displaces around 346-347cid depending on your rounding preference.
The 327 displacement was supposed to have been chosen for the "Billy Bob"
Corvette (cheap vette), but I think it was dropped cause it would have
to go though an entire emissions certification program....

T. (rumors abound)