heat sinks and alt repair qiuestion

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Tue Sep 22 05:21:19 GMT 1998

I found it a little funny that although GM never published any service
bulletins blaming heat for the CS alternator failures, the 96 Monte
Carlo/Lumina(W body) had a small plastic duct from the rear of the
alternator to the cowl.  After seeing that, I thought fresh intake air
to the alt. was really a "cool" idea.

Shannen