heat sinks and alt repair qiuestion

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 16:17:57 GMT 1998

  Shannen
  I sure cant explain why 'detroit' does some of thoes things with their cars
either . I have often wondered  why some of the 'good ideas' are not used more
universally , when they are only 'pennies' more to include .
  The plastic cooling air scoops were standard on many 'Detroit' arternators
in the late 70s.
  I was tempted to add some information in my first reply to you to tell you
about how thalternator fan pulls air in thru the back of the alternator . So
the diodes get the cooling air first , but you have already figgured that out