mc3484s2-1 driver chip

Robert J. Korn korn at guardian.chappy.com
Tue Sep 22 21:20:35 GMT 1998

I just got some MC3484S2-1 solenoid driver chips from MECI.
Their number is  800-344-4465 part # 520-0226
They include the data sheet with your order (7 pages).

According to the motorola data sheet they were meant for
use with 4mH 2.4ohm fuel injectors. they are 2.6A/.6A
peak/hold drivers. they were house numbered but for 25cents
each thats fine with me.

I saw them used here

>> From: cmorris at ix.netcom.com (Charles)
>> Subject: 8748 add'l injector controller design
>>

>>     I have completed the breadboard of my 8748 controller which drives
>> two 60 lb/hr injectors (using MC3484 peak/hold drivers). It works great
>> in my BMW 745i (factory intercooled turbo, 7-8 psi). I am now running
>> 16-17 psi boost with no detonation - in fact, I think my fuel map is a
>> Text Deleted <<
>> -Charles

or maybe that was the 4A/1A variety. But for the price I can think of other
uses, automotive and otherwise........