Identifying Engine "Thingy's" - Minor EFI Content

Dupree, Robert A. rdupree at Sidley.com
Thu Sep 24 13:37:28 GMT 1998

Flashback: 93 Camaro LT-1 going into the Audi

1)  Hooking up the engine wiring harness last night I seem to have run out
of plugs for one thing.  It looks to me like an Idle Stabilizer Valve.  It
sits on the passenger side of the engine directly rear-ward of injector #4.
There are two vaccuum looking lines that run from it to the lower side of
the Throttle Body.  Can anyone tell me what that doo-hickey is?

2)  A while back some folks had a detailed discussion about water line
routing and such for this engine series.  Could whoever that was e-mail me
privately?  I want to make sure I got this right and the dealerships out
here are less than helpfull.

Bob Dupree

PS: The engine is in the car, the new clutch is in, the car should be
running this weekend.