Identifying Engine "Thingy's" - Minor EFI Content

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Sep 24 18:11:44 GMT 1998

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Dupree, Robert A. wrote:

> Flashback: 93 Camaro LT-1 going into the Audi
>
> 1)  Hooking up the engine wiring harness last night I seem to have run out
> of plugs for one thing.  It looks to me like an Idle Stabilizer Valve.  It
> sits on the passenger side of the engine directly rear-ward of injector #4.
> There are two vaccuum looking lines that run from it to the lower side of
> the Throttle Body.  Can anyone tell me what that doo-hickey is?

I think that is the fuel cannister purge thing.  I think the first line
going in is to pull vacuum and the second line I believe runs someplace
(it runs with the fuel lines, so purge is my guess), I can look in my
GM helm to see what it says in a day or two.  The book is a ways away
right now.  I will look tonight and see were the hoses out of that run,
but I am pretty sure it is the one that runs with the fuel lines.

There is a similar thing on the other side that I believe runs the EGR.

				Roger
				93 Z28