assemblers and dissemblers

Terry_Sare at dell.com Terry_Sare at dell.com
Thu Sep 24 19:26:54 GMT 1998

This is a load immediate instruction -- that means the data to be loaded to
Register A (located in microprocessor) is FF. There is no absolute address
in this instruction.

08  tells micro sequencer that destination is Register A
FF  and put this data in it. In other words, the address is implied to be
the program counter value + 1.

I haven't used 68xx in a while so cannot give seq that contain address but
would be in from of:

opcode  source,destination
xx 	xxxx,xxxx		that is if you could do memory to memory
move

most cases will be

opcode  reg,mem
xx               xxxx		where the reg is indicated by the opcode
binary pattern and xxxx is memory address
opcode  mem,reg
xx	 xxxx			ditto

probably made it clear as mud :-) I don't have the moto book handy for real
examples.

ts