assmeblers and disassemblers

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Thu Sep 24 20:58:27 GMT 1998

On books: I think going to a used book store with some early 80's
texts on the subject would be a good place to start with out spending
 alot of $. Something on basic microprocessors and microprocessor interfacing
from that era will give you a good start. The newer texts won't be any
better but will have more stuff on RISC instruction sets and parallel
execution units that you don't need to know about for programming most
of the controllers that have been discused on the list. Back in the 80's
people built competitive home computers of their own design based on
Z-80's , 6502 .. There was alot of "how to" books written at that time
that would be great for getting the basics, and most of the microcontrollers
are just re-hacks of those old processors with added features for controll
aplications. Some of the book were real dogs ,but hey at 10 cents on the
dollar you can look though quite a few of them.

Mike D.