assmeblers and disassemblers

Mike Pitts mpitts at mail.emi.net
Thu Sep 24 21:22:51 GMT 1998

>"Microcomputer Primer", by Mitchell Waite is good, but out of print.
>Perhaps others can recommend something.

"Microcomputer Engineering" by Gene H. Miller
ISBN: 0-13-584475-4

This text uses the 68HC11 for it's examples.  That makes it really
nice for those of us who reverse Delco boxes.

And while we are recommending texts, I also submit:

"Understanding Automtive Electronics" by William B. Ribbens
ISBN: 0-672-27358-6

This one doesn't teach microcomputers per se, but rather decribes
their use in engine and powertrain control, as well as the sensors.

-Mike

And then there's this other book with the complete source code
listing of all of GM's ECU's.  But I can't think of the name right
off-hand.  8-)  <jk>

Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL
mpitts at emi.net