[3] ignition fixed

Andrew F. Gunnesch afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com
Mon Sep 28 11:33:03 GMT 1998

On Sep 27,  8:05pm, Terry wrote:
> Subject: Re: [3] ignition fixed
> Andrew F. Gunnesch wrote:
> >
> > Got my harness for the ignition module at Pep Boy's this weekend (along
> > with some sorely-needed new hood struts) and installed it today.  As I
> > figured, my ignition miss and cut-out is gone.
>

> So did you  have to cut the old one off and splice/soldier the
> new one in?

Yes, that's what I had to do.

Interestingly, this morning there's a miss that's back.  It's not the same
kind of cutout that I was having before...  hopefully that diacom will help
me debug what's going on with the car.

Also, when I floor it in neutral, the speedometer jumps up again.  This is
really a weird problem.  Might be my ignition module, might be my ECM, eh?