VSS importance

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 29 00:53:59 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: mrvette <mrvette at bellsouth.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, September 28, 1998 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: VSS importance

>I hope your flip-flops work guys,  but I was told by someone in the know,
that
>the computer as part of it's failure analysis capabilitites will recognize
only
>a sine wave input......hope he's wrong,

Yes, and no..  Feeding a 555 input into a 730 results in 0 MPH.
BUT, installing a disc capacitor with 472 on it's label, and the
VSS reads 1/2 actual speed compared to a 2000ppm ecm.
0-175 MPH,  had to switch diacom from one to the other ecm,
but 28 was 56 and 2-1 mphs.
Cheers
Bruce

  but I don't think so....I ran my 7730
>computer in my vette 350, direct port inj.  and only had the idle variation
>problem, from lack of VSS signal....that is why I bought the right sender
when I
>knew that was the last difficulty....GENE

<big snip>