VSS importance

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 29 02:33:00 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: T Hergen <thergen at svn.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, September 28, 1998 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: VSS importance

These aren't the best of answers maybe some one can chime in, please..

>The x2 or /2 is half the puzzle.  I'm don't know what the vss sensor
>outputs or the ecm vss input expects.  Does anyone know what range of
>voltages a vss sensor will produce?

It's like a motor with a gear on the end, just a little A/C generator.
As I recall they can light up a LED.  I think the words zero crossing
was used.

 Does anyone know what the minimum AC
>voltage swing is needed on the various vss inputs?

The 730 type of ecm at 4000ppm is A/C. and the 2000ppm is
a pulsed DC.

>These same questions will come up if a phase locked loop is used.
>
>Bruce, in your 555 thru a cap to vss experiment, was the 555 powered by
>12v or 5v?

Between my eyes, and lighting I'll have to look again in the am.
There is a 78XX..
Cheers
Bruce