DIY_EFI Digest V3 #445

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Tue Sep 29 13:59:04 GMT 1998

I learned a lot about the VSS and the speed sensor in the tail of my 700R4 when I
converted my '81 Suburban.  I used an '89 TBI.  The speed sensor in the tranny feeds
the AC signal into a circuit of some kind in the instrument cluster.  The circuit
converts this into an on/off 12 volt signal which is then fed to the ecm and the cruise
control.  So the signal used by the computer is a square wave.  Feeding a 2000 pulse
into the computer would give the computer a half speed input.  Is that better than
nothing?

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban