DIY_EFI Digest V3 #445

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 29 20:46:37 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Pitts <mpitts at netspeak.com>
To: 'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 1998 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: DIY_EFI Digest V3 #445

>Yeah, it's the 8625.  I thought it was interesting that
>some ECM's would use 4000 and others would use 2000.
>I forgot to mention the VSS buffer between the VSS and
>the PCM though, I wonder what that does.

Signal converter.  The trucks have a sensor that is more like a
hall effect switch, if I understand it, correctly.  Was/is called a
DRAC.  I "think" the trucks thew out this have stayed 2000ppm.
Cordin to past info. your tranny probably has a 40 tooth reluctor
on the output shaft.  The DRAC takes that signal, and depending
on the tire diameter/gearing figures out the divide by ratio.
then sends that to the ecm/dash.
Cheers
Bruce