VSS importance

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Sep 30 03:31:54 GMT 1998

>Hello all, i am new to the list and am getting some very useful info.  I
>have an 87 S10 Blazer with 8" of lift and 33x12.50's.  I installed a 305
>TBI V8 which originally used a 16136965, but have since changed to a
>1227747.

I'd be very interested in that 16136965, can even promise a nice,
home, and most of it's work/life will be spent indoors.
Cheers
Bruce

 When i first started the swap, i wasn't sure if i'd need the VSS
>that hooks up at the transfer case, or if i could use the sensor that is
>built into my speedometer.  I purchased a Cyberdyne speed sensor and a
>calibration box.  A friend of mine used this setup on his 86 S10 TPI with
>the 730 computer.  After i realized that my speedo sensor worked, i gave
>him the Cyberdyne stuff for spares.  Anyway, thanks for the good info

Lots more about programming the 1227747 in Programming 101

>P.S.  When i switched to the 747 computer, i changed the prom only.  A
>friend who sold his truck gave me a power chip he had for an 88 Chevy TBI
>350 auto.  I am running this chip even though it is a 305.  The hypertech
>guys said the only difference was the injector pulse width and recommended
>i buy the 305 chip, but the truck runs great with the 350 chip.  Also, i
>didn't change the calpak.  The computer was in an 88 Astro Van with a 4.3.
>I have heard that it only uses the calpak in limp in mode.  Is this true?

Yep, just a nurse ya home item.  Might try unplugging the MAP, and
try to drive it, just to know ya can.  The netres is about $8.

>Sorry to be so elementary on such a high tech list, but i am just getting
>started.

Heck, wearing Cone Shaped Hats around here (my house) is
an everyday thing.   About the time ya think ya got it it slips
away (at least for me)
Again
Bruce