VSS importance

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Wed Sep 30 14:52:16 GMT 1998

Jeffery Flanary wrote:

> Hello all, i am new to the list and am getting some very useful info.  I
> have an 87 S10 Blazer with 8" of lift and 33x12.50's.  I installed a 305
> TBI V8 which originally used a 16136965, but have since changed to a
> 1227747.  When i first started the swap, i wasn't sure if i'd need the VSS
> that hooks up at the transfer case, or if i could use the sensor that is
> built into my speedometer.  I purchased a Cyberdyne speed sensor and a
> calibration box.  A friend of mine used this setup on his 86 S10 TPI with
> the 730 computer.  After i realized that my speedo sensor worked, i gave
> him the Cyberdyne stuff for spares.  Anyway, thanks for the good info

Jeff, I'd like to hear a little more about how and why you switched
ECMs.  I also have a V8 S-10 w/6965 ECM.  No lift kit, though.  The
motor is a stock 350 from a '91 Caprice.  Bruce said I should switch to
the 747, but it's my daily driver and I need a good reason to take it
down for a few days to make the switch.  What was your reason, and how
much was involved?  Has it affected your mileage?

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com