New List Participant - very new

Jemison Richard JemisonR at tce.com
Wed Sep 30 17:31:28 GMT 1998

Gene,

Thanks for your response.  So you're saying the new IAC I put in is not
working correctly?  Just want to make sure I'm understanding my problem.  I
followed the instructions as closely as possible.  Checked the plunger
extension <1.125" prior to installatation.

On the bike (or any engine) - as the only DPFI I have any familiarity with
right now is a Saturn, and as I've noticed that the plenum does a couple of
nice things 1) houses the PPM, TPI and IAC and provide both ports and
mounting points for the actual injectors and 2) these ports are VERY close
to the intake port spacing on the engine I'm initially trying to adapt - I
was thinking this piece would be a good place to start and would solve a
good many of the mechanical problems.  I also believe in UFOs so I'm curious
what your thoughts on this would be.  BTW, very soon I'll be able to scan a
pix of this setup so you can see it better (you're probably not familiar -
or interested terribly) in Saturn DPFI, ha!

The other question you asked (air cooled is yes on my initial project).
Inline 4 - which is what a good many of the performance bikes are today,
hence important.  If I could get a system to work on this type of engine - I
could get one to work on a good many bikes (with a large user base that
might be interested).

Rick
Indy