Camshaft Selection

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Apr 1 20:37:11 GMT 1999

-> If you wanna spend a bit of money, and want more bottom end than you
-> have now, and also a bunch more top end, convert the puppy to
-> hydraulic rollers, with a rather short duration, but moderate lift
-> cam, with fairly wide lobe centers. Maybe 202/208 @ .050", .470/.485
-> lift, (I , then e in both cases) with 112 degree lobe centers.

 Those duration and lobe center numbers are right in there for stock
flat tappet cams.  All you've done is increase lift, which could be done
more cheaply by swapping to high ratio rockers if available.

->  A hydraulic roller grind with numbers
-> like this would prolly break U-joints at will in the lower gears with

 It "prolly" wouldn't, unless the engine was strong enough to perform
these feats with the stock cam.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?