Question about Howell conversion.

esc esc at firstnethou.com
Sun Apr 4 21:03:25 GMT 1999

At 10:14 AM 4/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>They use a GM 1227730 and 1227747 ECMs with their own calibration.
>Their website is www.howell-efi.com, but they don't have the 7730 stuff
>there.  Bruce Plecan bought a calibration from them (for the 7730) and
>he says it's sloppy.
>
>The wiring is simple.  You have to change the MAP sensor to a GM type.
>They dont use an air temp sensor, but all the rest are the same.
>
>Do you have an IAC?  If so, that will plug right in, also.
>
>Andy

Ther are no remenants of the origional computer system in my car.

All I have right now is the Holley ProJection4 system (analog w/MSD
controller).

I looked at their site.  It looks like they are using the 7747(sometimes).
I have a 7747 laying around, so I may try and put this together myself.

But not today.  :)
I'm still gathering info.  I hope to come up with a plan pretty soon.

I DO have a computer distributor that I would like to use.  I have read the
recent posts about using the computer for ignition control only, that
sounds like a starting point.  But I wonder what the MINIMUM would be to
make that work?

Also since I have a one-of-a-kind combination, and change it regularly, i
need to be able to easily change the fuel and ignition curves.  I guesss I
kust need to get a prom burner and start playing.
Eric
esc at firstnethou.com
If it breaks, make it stronger.
If it doesn't, try harder.