OFF TOPIC: convertible tops

Robert Scott Winnicki bobw at WPI.EDU
Wed Apr 7 02:25:30 GMT 1999

I am going down this road right now--

I have a 1980 mazda rx-7 that is a "califorina" convertible (chopped top,
with no provsion made for a rag top)  I bought the car this way, and have
been thinking of ways to "make" a top for it.

here's what I have so far:

1:  sailboat sail places can work wounders with canvase.  One place told
me they could rig something that would just snap on to the car, but not
have a metal frame. This would probably work ok, but at highway speeds It
might just blow off

2: I have bought a metal frame from from a 70's Alfa romeo and it seems to
fit well, with a a little modification.  But it will need to be recovered.
Any good upolstery shop can do this.

if you come up with any profesional shops that do this let me know

bob