prom dump program uploaded

steve ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Wed Apr 7 04:01:35 GMT 1999

I wrote a little program that dumps prom images to the screen in sort of
a text format.  It's called tuna.  It's like promedit in that it's
driven by a text file that describes the location and size of tables,
but the .ecm files are easier to read and create (IMO).  I eventually
want to make this an editor but I'm uploading it now for 2 reasons:

1)  I'd like to get comments on the .ecm format.  It's a little verbose
but I think it works well.

2)  Other people are working on other editors, and I hope that they'll
be able to incorporate this code into their programs to make them
extendable to other ECMs.

Look for tuna.zip on the ftp site in the incoming directory.  There's a
.c and a .h file in there, along with a sample .ecm file based on the
7747.ecu file for promedit.  Also a readme and a sample 747 bin
(akal.bin).  There's also a compiled version, but it's only for Sun
workstations!  That's the 3rd reason I uploaded it, I'd like a PC type
person to get it and compile it for the PC.  It's a simple command line
program, only uses printf and stuff, so it should compile directly.  If
someone can do this for me, I'll add it to the .zip file for everyone to
use.

If you are working on a PROM editor, please feel free to incorporate my
stuff into your program.  Also, send me any
changes/suggestions/additions.

thanks,
--steve

--