TBI below butterflys

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 7 14:07:44 GMT 1999

At 08:55 AM 4/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>     Has anyone pondered the idea of TBI injection with the injector spray
>     BELOW the throttle body?  Does it NEED to be above?  It seems to me that
>     it would be messing up the atomization running into the throttle blade.
>
>     Have the injectors able to spray down the runner to the port?  Or is this
>     far more trouble than anything you could gain?  (like go with sequential
>     port)

This may actually cause more problems... with the injectors above the
throttle butterflys, the air is moving at a higher velocity past the
injector (better atomization)  if you put it below the throttle plate,
distribution and atomization would likely suffer... if you want injectors
below the TB, port injection is best... Because you're not injecting into
the plenum, the flow is higher at each port, and the timed shot can be
spraying as the intake valve is opening, causing better atomization and
control.

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.