Suggestions for Adjusting WOT fuel?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Apr 7 16:20:02 GMT 1999

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, David A. Cooley wrote:

> Roger,
> It's all going to depend on your O2 sensor as to what voltage is safe for
> you...
> I was talking with someone last night that had 3 different O2 sensors (new)
> that all read different but within about a 100mv range of each other for
> the same conditions...
> Is it safe to assume that when you get lean enough to do damage the engine
> will knock? if not you'll need an Exhaust temp guage.

I don't think I will knock, I have a pretty big cam, and it has never
knocked before (well nothing identifible as real knock, just false
knock).  I guess if I want to be safe on the knock I cna mix some 100
unleaded with my gas, and then it won't knock.  The way I determine it
was false knock was I ran 1/4 with normal gas, and a 1/4 with 50% 100,
so there was no way it should have knocked, and it still knocked at
exactly the same points.

That was what I was worried about.  I have two identical (well as
close to identical as possible with electronic sensors) bosch sensors,
and reducing fuel was not changing the O2 values, and it was speeding
the car up (it should start not speeding up anymore when I start
getting close to 12.5:1).  What kind of ratio are we talking about to
be too lean ?  Any ideal what ratio is bad?  Would stoch (14.7:1)
cause problems?

Where would someone buy a EGT sensor?  I figured I might in the
future, get a pic with a A/D, and program it to sample the A/D's and
also program it to read out the GM computer, and button that up into 1
serial data stream (probably 19,200 baud) and send that to a laptop
for futher processing.

			Roger